This 15-day expedition is a brand-new trip through an ancient land. Beginning in Pakistan’s capital of Islamabad, the expedition takes you north to the stunning and rarely touristed Hunza Valley region. Here you’ll find nature unleashed: imagine imposing jagged peaks, alpine lakes and glaciers creeping into the valleys. Hike between ancient fortifications scattered among rural villages and learn about the modern innovations that help the local people prosper. Finish in Lahore, a city that not only stood strong through the rise and fall of empires but also preserved the culture that makes Pakistan such a mesmerising, all-consuming country.
- Islamabad – Faisal Mosque
- Islamabad – Taxila Museum & archeological sites
- Ghulmet – Rakaposhi View Point
- Gulmit – Ancient house visit
- Hunza Valley – Ondra Polygah hike
- Gulmit – Women-run carpet weaving center visit
- Hunza Valley – Passu Village visit
- Hunza Valley – Passu Glacier hike
- Hunza Valley – Hussaini Hanging Bridge
- Hunza Valley – Borith Lake hike
- Hunza Valley – Traditional music performance
- Shimshal – Village tour & optional hike
- Shimshal – Day hike
- Hunza Valley – Attabad Lake
- Hunza Valley – Sacred Rock of Hunza
- Karimabad – Market tour
- Hunza Valley – Ganish Village walking tour
- Karimabad – Baltit & Altit Forts
- Chatwal – Katas Raj Temples
- Lahore – Lahore Museum
- Lahore – Bagh-e-Jinnah (Lawrence Garden)
- Lahore – Anarkali & Liberty Markets
- Lahore – Tomb of Jahangir
- Lahore – Shalimar Gardens
- Lahore – Wagah Border ceremony
- Lahore – Walled City of Lahore
- Lahore – Shahi Hammam
- Lahore – Tomb of Allama Iqbal
- Lahore – Badshahi Mosque
- Lahore – Wazir Khan Mosque
- Lahore – Akbari Mandi & Azam Cloth Market
- Learn about Pakistan – its turbulent past, fascinating present, and hopeful future – from a local leader who knows and loves the country best.
- Discover the jagged snow-capped peaks, bright blue lakes and traditional culture of the Hunza Valley, a little touristed but unbelievably beautiful region of northern Pakistan.
- From its ancient museums, gardens and forts to its fantastic food scene, Lahore has so much to offer. Spend three days discovering this dynamic city.
- Travel to the incredibly remote village of Shimshal where you’ll meet the local families who live in this challenging environment and hike through the surrounding mountains.
- Visit a women’s group supported by the Aga Khan Foundation to learn about their projects and have lunch at a cafe run by local women.
Islamabat - Gilgit - Gulmit (2465m)
Hunza Valley - Karimabad (2206m)
Karimabad - Gilgit - Islamabad - Lahore